1. Hello Guest, please read here:

From now on the forum will still visible but not open for new posts. If you have any questions, please contact us in our Discord channel

Tests and thoughts...

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by AntiLag, May 26, 2018.

1. AntiLag

AntiLag New Member

Ukraine Ukraine
    Hello! Having devoted a lot of time to tests, I came to some conclusions. I will not talk about the merits, I will touch on the moments that, in my opinion, look unfinished or incorrect.
    1. Brake
    After spending a lot of time on SS Akagi found out that a G1 (RWD) car does not have brakes on the rear axle, or they are so weak that I did not notice them. This is strange.
    2. Torsen
    On the asphalt on this SS Akagi, the car was the fastest with a free differential. When the lock was turned on by 33% or more, the car lost a lot in dynamics (the loss was about 6 seconds, which is a lot), and the harder the lock, the stronger was the loss in time. At maximum rigidity, the car almost ceased to gain speed

3. Tyres

[​IMG]
    https://github.com/gRally/dev/wiki/img/F1_tyre_3.jpg
    3.1 Tyres temperatures
    It is not clear why the temperature of the external and internal tyre are combined into one external one. After all, with a negative camber, the outer edge will always be colder than the inner edge. There should be three temperature indicators.
    3.2 Grip level
    The level of the grip on the indicator does not depend on the applied vertical load. Although the weight transfer feels good.

To be continued

mulder, ghiboz and Scout like this.
  2. ghiboz

ghiboz Administrator Staff Member

Name:
    Paolo
    Surname:
    Ghibaudo
    Blood Type:
    0+
    Car Number:
    Italy Italy
    hello @AntiLag
    thanks for your great feedback!
    for 3.1: at the moment the external tyre is shown as external combined, we're work for this
    3.2 the grip level is only an information about the 'surface grip' that is managed from the surface base grip (depending by the type of surface, the usable grip of the surface type, the wetness influence and the groove/usage influence

have a nice day